We Are Little Feminists Box Set
- New York Times Wirecutter 2022 pick
- Includes American Library Association 2021 Stonewall Award Winner
Beautifully designed Box Set includes 5-board-book-bundle features beautiful, photos of real kids and families (representing LGBTQ families, kids with disabilities, many cultures and races), while simple, poetic text builds vocabulary and empathy. Each board book is complete with a discussion guide with age-appropriate questions for parents and educators.
Created to help families and educators discuss diversity through everyday topics, We Are Little Feminists helps children stand against racism, sexism, homophobia, transphobia, and ableism:
- FAMILIES showcases the many forms of family, gender, and sexuality, helping families celebrate all genders, and children advocate for LGBTQ equity.
- HAIR showcases race and ethnicity, celebrates difference, and helps children challenge racism.
- ON-THE-GO showcases mobility aids, celebrates all types of movement, and helps children advocate for accessibility for all.
- HOW WE EAT showcases different foods and utensils helping families discuss ability, culture, and food.
- CELEBRATIONS showcases the world’s major religions and practices, helping readers discuss belief systems, ceremonies, and holidays to spread love and understanding for all faiths.
Created for 0-5-year-olds: the book’s photographs help infants, toddlers, and preschoolers to recognize real kids and families that are both different and like their own.
About the Series: We Are Little Feminists is the identity-affirming board book series developed to raise intersectional feminists. Children love photos of everyday kids & families, but only 13% of children’s books represent our diverse world. The We Are Little Feminists series helps families and educators discuss, celebrate, and stand for diversity and inclusion through everyday topics.