Why Work at Little Feminist
Little Feminist (littlefeminist.com) is a book subscription (for 0-9-year-olds) that features strong female characters and people of color because the majority of children’s books don’t. Book publishers say they aren’t publishing diverse books because of low demand. We see infinite demand, and we’re working with teachers, librarians, parents, and kids to create the best children’s book club ever.
What We Need
Our Marketing Lead will utilize their extraordinary creativity and strategic thinking skills to grow the Little Feminist subscriber base. This position will lead Little Feminist’s blog, SEO efforts, and PR campaigns – researching and pitching relevant influencers and media. Like all members of Little Feminist, our Marketing Lead is detail-oriented with a growth mindset and a commitment to spreading all types of diversity.
This is a 30% full-time position, which equals 12 hours per week, starting as soon as possible.
What You’ll Do
- Lead strategic marketing plan (in collaboration with CEO) to build Little Feminist brand awareness, activation, and engagement, including but not limited to:
- Content marketing
- Seasonal PR campaigns
- Influencer collaborations
- Brand ambassador programming
- Test new marketing channels and research potential channels.
- Track our subscription growth and marketing channels each month.
- Create a content strategy based on search terms most important to Little Feminist.
- Collaborate with our Content Director to:
- Write ‘best book round-up’ blog posts
- Write and/or edit 1-3 articles per month
- Test what content our readers like most
- Find and reach out to like-minded bloggers for partnership opportunities.
- Research and pitch:
- relevant media outlets (e.g., media that writes about children’s books and/or children’s subscriptions)
- relevant Instagram influencers (e.g., educators and parents that often post about diversity and/or children’s literature)
- Always be brainstorming more stellar content ideas.
- Own weekly/monthly KPI deliverables to increase our subscriber base with minimal instruction.
What You’ve Got
- A proven track record in marketing, content, and/or PR.
- A clear, concise, and fun writing style.
- Extreme initiative – you don’t wait for anyone to tell you what to do because you determine your goals and know what it will take to get there.
- Growth mindset – you’re continuously improving at your job because you love watching and learning from different social media campaigns.
- Analytical skills – you know how to research potential marketing channels, and you know how to evaluate which channels work and which don’t.
- Passion and excitement for what we’re working on at Little Feminist.
- Black, Indigenous, folx of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
What You’ll Get
- Competitive compensation based on experience.
- Instruction and mentorship in digital marketing – a fast-growing and much-needed skill among tech and eCommerce companies.
- An opportunity to make an immediate impact from day one and become a major player in our business.
- Ability to work anytime and anywhere.
How to Apply
Please email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday, October 11th:
- Your resume.
- Instead of a cover letter, please write a paragraph on why you’re interested in working with us.
- Instead of sample work, please write-up:
- 2 ideas for blog posts you think we should write. Please brainstorm the blog title, and tell us in 1-3 sentences why we should write this content.
- Brainstorm a creative holiday marketing campaign idea and tell us how you would implement it in 1 paragraph.