Why Work at Little Feminist
Little Feminist (littlefeminist.com) is a book subscription (for 0-9-year-olds) that features strong female characters and Black, Indigenous, people of color because the majority of children’s books don’t. Book publishers say they aren’t publishing diverse books because of low demand. We see infinite demand, and we’re working with teachers, librarians, parents, and kids to create the best children’s book club ever.
What We Need
Our Content Lead manages our book selection process and the content that accompanies each of our monthly book selections. Our book-of-the-month picks are accompanied by (1) bookmark with discussion questions, (2) hands-on activity, and (3) parent letter.
What You’ll Do
- Book-of-the-month selection
- Research and evaluate newly published children’s books that align with Little Feminist’s values
- Lead book selection team (made up of Education Consultants and “Family Testers”) to finalize our monthly book picks 3-6 months in advance
- Organize book selections with a rating system to pass off to our Operations Manager
- Monthly asset creation
- Oversee the creation of our monthly parent letters, activities, and discussion questions (our Content Lead may outsource all asset creation to our Education Consultants, or may decide to write/contribute some assets themselves)
- Edit our monthly materials before we go to print
- Submit monthly materials to our Lead Designer
- Customer service
- Respond to customer service inquiries regarding book selections specifically
- Content creation
- Write one blog per month utilizing reviews from our book selection team
- Create 4 social posts per month utilizing photos, videos, and copy from our book selection team
What You’ve Got
- Excitement for what we’re working on at Little Feminist
- Passion for diverse children’s literature
- Relevant education experience
- A clear, concise, and fun writing style
- Extreme initiative – you don’t wait for anyone to tell you what to do because you determine your goals and know what it will take to get there
- Attention to detail
- Growth mindset – you’re continuously improving your skillset
- Black, Indigenous, folx of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
What You’ll Get
- $25-35 per hour based on relevant experience with 5-15 hours/week expected
- Purpose and impact: you’ll reach hundreds of children around the country each month
- Ability to work from home, or anywhere for that matter
How to Apply
Please email the following to email@example.com by Monday, February 15th:
- Your resume.
- Instead of a cover letter, please write a paragraph on why you’re interested in working with us.
- Instead of sample work, please write-up:
- Tell us about your 2 favorite children’s books and why they are your favorites. Please include the cover image & link for each book.
- 2 ideas for blog posts you think we should write. Please brainstorm the blog title, and tell us in 1-3 sentences why we should write this content.