Why Work at Little Feminist
Little Feminist (littlefeminist.com) is a book subscription (for 0-9-year-olds) that features strong female characters and people of color, because the majority of children’s books don’t. Book publishers say they aren’t publishing diverse books because of low demand. We see infinite demand, and we’re working with teachers, librarians, parents, and kids to create the best children’s book club ever.
What We Need
If there is one thing we know for sure, it’s that social media is integral to our future success. So we’re looking for a proven social media master to join our new company in a position with the utmost R.E.S.P.E.C.T. Can you write funny, engaging, real social media posts in your sleep? Do you love trolling hashtags to find social’s rising stars? If you’ve answered “yes,” then we need you on our team. We can’t change the world without you.
This is a 20% full-time position, which equals 8 hours per week, starting as soon as possible.
What You’ll Do
- Create and execute a creative content strategy on Facebook, Instagram & Twitter.
- Discover and then partner with rising social influencers.
- Build our community from 8,000 followers to 100,000+ followers
- You’ll spend ~5-6 hours/week curating and posting content for our social channels. We’re shooting for posting 1x per day to establish our presence (but of course quality is key).
- Care for our social community so all voices feel heard and safe – this means monitoring social comments, answering questions, and blocking hurtful messages.
- Be the voice of our brand through caption writing – no easy feat! Here’s where your copywriting skills will come in – Little Feminist is playful but not childish, and emotional but not cliche.
- Submit a weekly report on how the previous week’s posts performed (winners, losers, insights, experiments, etc.).
What You’ve Got
- A proven track record – to us, this means you have a Facebook and/or Instagram following of 1,000+.
- A clear, concise, and fun writing style.
- Love for storytelling – be it with words, images, and/or videos.
- Extreme initiative – you don’t wait for anyone to tell you what to do because you determine your goals and know what it will take to get there.
- Growth mindset – you’re continuously improving at your job because you love watching and learning from different social media campaigns.
- Analytical skills – you know how to find rising social stars, how best to partner with them, and you know how to evaluate which posts work and which don’t.
- Ability to design and deliver creative content like graphics, videos, podcasts, etc.
- Basic understanding of visual/photo design and ability to create compelling images using pre-designed templates and tools such as Canva and PicMonkey.
- Passion and excitement for what we’re working on at Little Feminist.
What You’ll Get
- $600 – $1,200 monthly stipend based on experience.
- Work expectations you can mold to fit your schedule (we expect this work to take you 5-10 hours per week).
- An opportunity to make an immediate impact from day one and become a major player in our business.
How to Apply
Please email the following to email@example.com:
- Your resume.
- Instead of a cover letter, please write a paragraph on why you’re interested in working with us.
- A proposal (no more than 1-page) of what we should post on our Facebook and Instagram accounts (post schedule, content, partnerships, approach to stories).