Celebrations (We Are Little Feminists, 4)
No holiday is complete without CELEBRATIONS! This unique board book helps families and educators discuss belief systems, ceremonies, and holidays to spread love and understanding for all faiths.
- Complete with family discussion questions and a glossary detailing each celebration, faith, and practice.
- See families and communities celebrating Ramadan, Lunar New Year, Obon, PRIDE, Passover, Diwali, Day of the Dead, Kwanzaa, Easter, and Earth Day.
- See kids meditating, praying, and visiting shrines.
- Join in Black History celebrations, birthdays, preschool graduations, and International Women’s Day!
- Learn about celebrations like Adoption Day, Powwows, and Lei Day.
- Created for 0-5-year-olds: the book’s photographs help infants, toddlers, and preschoolers celebrate faces, families, and communities that are both different and like their own.
Part of We Are Little Feminists board book series: the identity-affirming board book series for raising intersectional feminists. Created to help families and educators discuss diversity through everyday topics, We Are Little Feminists pairs beautiful photos with playful, rhythmic text to help families and classrooms stand against racism, sexism, homophobia, transphobia, and ableism.
We made an error in our acknowledgment section. The correct Photo Acknowledgments are as follows: Page 13 © Cheryl Lala; Page 14 © Ms. Ashley; Page 15 © Anh Nguyen; Page 16 © Daniel Thayer; Page 17 © Shannon Hiramoto.
Available on backorderAvailable on June 30th, 2023