We Are Little Feminists: Families
2021 STONEWALL AWARD WINNER!
“Understanding queer identities and representation can be this simple…Families shows children 0-5 the true diversity of the world around them and the families to which they belong.” – American Library Association
- The first-ever board book to win an American Library Association medal.
- Beautiful, full-color photos of real-life LGBTQ and ally families showcase all the wonderful forms of family, gender, and sexuality in this fun and award-winning board book.
- Each spread features simple, poetic text for building vocabulary and empathy. FAMILIES helps families and educators discuss sexuality, celebrate all genders, and advocate for LGBTQ equity.
- Created for 0-5-year-olds: the book’s photographs help infants, toddlers, and preschoolers to recognize real people in loving families that are both different and like their own.
- Family discussion questions & extra resources are available on our blog.
Part of We Are Little Feminists board book series: the identity-affirming board book series developed to raise intersectional feminists. We Are Little Feminists pairs beautiful photos with playful, rhythmic text to help families and classrooms stand against racism, sexism, homophobia, transphobia, and ableism.